CARMINDER® Comprehensive Car Insurance
Co-operative Car Insurance.
Co-op Insurance NZ gives you peace-of-mind and flexibility with its Carminder Comprehensive insurance.
With a Carminder Comprehensive vehicle policy, you can have the confidence to know that your vehicle is protected while you are on the road and that you are protected against liability for any accidental damage you might cause to someone else’s vehicle.
Agreed Value – Carminder Comprehensive’s agreed value policies are available for a 12 month policy review period with a minimum standard excess.
Market Value – Carminder Comprehensive’s market value policy options include policy terms that cover your vehicle for 12, 18, 24, 30 or 36 months.
Choose a market value policy with a policy review period of longer than 12 months, and your standard excess will reduce by $100 at every 12 month anniversary from the policy start date.
For example, when you choose a 24 month policy term, your standard excess will reduce from $400 in the first year, to $300 in the second year of the policy term.
We also give you a choice of premium payment frequencies. Whichever cover option you go with – whether agreed value or market value – you can choose between weekly, fortnightly, monthly or yearly payment frequencies to suit your budget and preferences.
Now, that’s what we call covering you co-operatively!
What you are covered for (*)
Co-op Insurance NZ provides you true value with its Carminder Comprehensive Insurance policy that will cover you when:
- Your vehicle is involved in an accident, regardless of who is at fault
- Your vehicle is stolen
- Your vehicle is damaged or destroyed by fire
- Your vehicle is maliciously damaged
- Your windscreen breaks (you won’t pay any excess!)
- You are responsible for accidental damage to someone else’s vehicle or property (covers your legal liability and defence costs)
You also have the option to add extras to your policy including,
- Roadside Assistance – 24/7 cover in case your car breaks down
- GAP’ Cover if you have finance owing on your vehicle
(*) – Please refer to the relevant policy documents for full terms, conditions, exclusions and details on the maximum amounts we pay. You can download the policy document from here, contact us on 0800 369 258 for a copy or contact your nearest credit union branch.
How do I obtain cover?
- Please fill in the form found in the brochure (download the brochure here) and take it to your nearest credit union, or
- Call your credit union today, or
- Get a quote and apply online through here, or
- Call 0800 369 258 today to talk to our friendly and helpful team for an instant, no obligation, free quote
Fair Insurance Code
As a member of the Insurance Council of New Zealand, we are committed to complying with the Fair Insurance Code. You can access a copy of the Fair Insurance Code from right here or at www.icnz.org.nz.
Under the Fair Insurance Code, we have responsibilities to you, and you have responsibilities to us. These responsibilities are included in the policy document, which can be downloaded from here.